Library Media Center Hours
Each elementary student receives 60 minutes of library instruction per week from the district certified school librarian, Lisa Gallagher. The phone extension number for the elementary library is ext. 3227. Please call with any concerns or questions.
The middle school library is open every day and is supervised by library aide Mrs. Greenwood. The phone extension number for the middle school library is ext. 4220.
Library aide Mrs. Toohey supervises the high school library media center. High school students have the opportunity to visit the library during their study halls and teachers reserve the library for class research projects. The phone extension for the high school library is ext. 5213.
Library Book Care Rules
1. Handle books with clean hands.
2. Never mark or write in library books. Always
3. Be careful turning pages so they won’t wrinkle or tear.
4. Keep your library books away from food or drink.
5. Keep your library books clean and dry.
6. Carry your library books in your backpack.
7. Keep library books in a special place at home, away from young children and pets that chew.
8. Return your library books on time so others can read them.
Library Media Center Circulation Policies
Library materials are circulated for a loan period of 10 school days. Elementary students are allowed to check out one book at a time. The student must return the book in order to check out a new one. Middle school students are allowed to check out a maximum of three books and high school students are allowed to check out a maximum of five books.
The school library media centers do not charge overdue fees. However, if a book is lost or damaged, the student will be asked to pay the replacement cost before any more library materials are checked out to that student. Please encourage students to be responsible with their library materials, which are school property.